Black and White Film Processing Course
Tuesday 14th March
6:00pm - 9:00pm
£50 / £35 concession
Tutor: Tiu Makkonen
This one-off Black and White Film Processing Course is suitable for those who already have experience shooting B&W films but have never processed their own films before. You will learn how to load, process, dry and archive your own 35mm B&W films by hand, giving you more control over the whole creative process of shooting and working with B&W film.
In this session, you will gain the required knowledge to be able to access the Street Level Photoworks film processing facility, provided you are an SLP member.
Please bring your own fully shot but undeveloped roll of 35mm B&W film to the session, ideally Ilford HP5 ISO400.
Chemistry is supplied.
• Introduction to film processing equipment
• Using the process room: health & safety, etiquette and best practice
• How to load and process 35mm B&W film
• Discuss processing pushed/pulled film, and 120/5x4 film
• How to read your negatives
• Negative storage and best archival practice
Tiu Makkonen is a fine art and freelance photographer originally from Finland who has been living and working in Scotland for over a decade. Tiu has exhibited her work in both group and solo shows and currently works as the Facility Assistant at Street Level Photoworks. More info here