Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 May 2016
Turn your photographic project into a high quality 8x10 hardbound photobook, by creating a print-ready PDF using Adobe InDesign and Blurb’s online print-on-demand service.
The course will take you through the process of photo book design, from initial image sequencing to final print-ready file.
The course covers:
* Looking at photo books including Blurb’s paper type, cover and pricing options.
* Sequencing using draft prints & paper moquettes
* Looking at layouts
* Setting up an 8x10 book file using Adobe InDesign
* Margins, columns and bleeds
* Placing images and text
* Using layers
* Colour management
* Preparing files for export
* Blurb’s upload process
What to bring:
* 20-30 6x4in prints for sequencing – these can be done on a home printer as they are for layout only
* digital versions of each image – jpeg or tiff format, 300dpi and at least 42cm on the long side
* Any text files required in .doc or .rtf format (eg: introduction, captions etc – ensure these are spell checked!)
* A hard drive or USB stick
Participants should be familiar with the basic concepts of digital image processing such as resolution and file types, but do not need prior experience of Adobe InDesign.
The cost of the final physical book is not included in the course fee.
Prices will vary depending on page number, paper selection and other variable – You should expect to pay between £30- £50 for your book.